Our services are available to all members of the McMaster community, including undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students, staff, faculty, medical residents, volunteers, visitors and visiting professors, and institutional administrators and officials representing McMaster University.
Inclusive and Trauma-Informed Response and Support
Empathic, non-judgemental, and culturally relevant response and support; information on reporting options and complaint intake if appropriate
Prevention Education and Response Training
A range of topics designed and delivered to diverse audiences of students, faculty, and staff, using intersectional anti-oppressive approaches.
Community Consultation and Referral
Information and guidance for any community member on the policy, procedures, programs, and referral to campus and community services and resources
Urgent Medical Care
If you’ve been sexually assaulted within the last 12 days, whether or not you choose to make a university complaint and/or police report, we encourage you to consider reaching out to the Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence (SA/DV) Care Centre. The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner will provide information on medical assistance options available to you for your immediate physical and mental health needs.
Information Box Group
The SA/DV does not report assault cases to the police but can provide support if you wish to make a report. All genders can access the following services, as required:
- Upon consent and if the assault occurred within the past 12 days, collection and recording of physical evidence for completion of a forensic evidence kit, which may be used in legal proceedings;
- Information, testing, prophylactic antibiotics to prevent sexually transmitted infections;
- Prophylactic antiviral medications to prevent HIV;
- The emergency contraceptive pill to prevent pregnancy;
- Information and referral to community resources;
- Supportive counselling; and
- Arranging follow-up medical care and counselling with the Centre.
The Sexual Violence Prevention and Response (SVPR) Task Force has been established in accordance with McMaster’s Sexual Violence Policy to support the mandate of the Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office.