When student leaders in designated positions of responsibility, other than Residence Community Advisors, Orientation Advisors and Reps, receive Disclosures they must:
- Follow the Recognize, Respond, Refer guidelines for support;
- Maintain confidentiality within its limits:
- If the Limits of Confidentiality apply, discuss Limits with the student and immediately inform the SVPRO Consultant, or
- If it is unclear if the Limits of Confidentiality apply, contact the SVPRO Consultant, discussing the Disclosure without providing identifying information, unless the individual has given permission to do so, in order that the Consultant may assess whether the Limits to Confidentiality apply and appropriate next steps; and
- Liaise with the Consultant to ensure ongoing support, as needed.
What to say and not to say to facilitate a positive disclosure experience