Men Behind The Masc: Blog Submissions
Mar 3, 2022 to Mar 25, 2022
12:00AM to 11:59PM
Date(s) - 03/03/2022 - 25/03/2022
The Men’s Allyship Circle is seeking authors for a new allyship blog, Men Behind the Masc, engaging men in conversations about masculinity and the work to end sexual and gender-based violence
- $25 honorarium for accepted work
- Submit by March 25
To engage men and masc* people in the work to end sexual and gender-based violence by promoting dialogue, self-reflection, and education on issues of, masculinity, patriarchy, gender, sexuality, intersectionality, and allyship.
*masc is a term often used in LGBTQ+ communities to denote masculine appearance and mannerisms.
What kind of content do we accept?
Stand-alone posts. Must be related in some way to men’s allyship. Posts can take the form of a self-reflection, an opinion piece, a short story, or critique of another published work. Readers should be able to connect the content to ideas about allyship in their own lives. Posts should be 700–1200 words.
- Constructing healthy masculinities (personal experiences with masculinity, helping men name their wounds)
- Preventing gender-based violence
- Naming privilege
- Understanding sexualities
- Ending gender-based violence
- Challenging patriarchy
- Approaching situations with compassion
- Using privilege to empower marginalized communities
- How to be an ally in daily life
You can email us with blog post ideas or potential titles if you want to be certain your topic of interest is suitable for our blog.
Blog post guidelines
- Your post must be useful to the readers of this blog.
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings, and/or bullet lists to break up your article.
- Proofread your article before submitting it to us. Make sure to check your spelling and grammar.
- Attribute any quoted/paraphrased info with links to the sources.
- Recommended length is 50-75 words (2-3 sentences).
- You can include 2-3 links in the author bio.
- You may include a clear, closeup headshot of yourself, JPG or PNG format.
- You may include a preferred professional title to be displayed with your name. If you don’t want to include a title, let us know, and only your name will appear in the blog post and in your author profile.
Submitting your post
- Submit your post using the Google Drive link at the top-right of this page
- It may take up to two weeks before we respond to you. Even if we choose not to publish your blog post, you will get a response, explaining the reason.